Re: Happy Days are here again

To: mgworld@chp.ltd.uk
Subject: Re: Happy Days are here again
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:39:07 +0000
> IMHO. Vauxhall are talking out of their backsides. I always use
> supermarket fuel whether I'm driving an MG, Porsche or just some Eurobox
> and it's fine. Who'd buy a Vauxhall anyway? ;-)
>
> Philip Raby
> Editor, MG World
> PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
> Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
> www.chp.ltd.uk

I'm not sure what "supermarket" gas is, since here in the states, gas
is about the ONLY thing our supermarkets DON'T sell.  I have been
having a weird experience with some no-name convenience-store gas
lately.  I live about 100 yards from a "crown" gas
station/convenience store, and their gasoline smells horrible!  It
almost has the same effect on my sinuses as ammonia.  I also don't
seem to get the same mileage when using it compared to Exxon (Esso)
or Chevron.  Is this the new "reformulated" gasoline I've been
hearing about?  It doesn't say anything on the pump, but I don't know
if that means anything.
Scott