Re: Sedan?

To: Chris Davies <chris@thames-language.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Sedan?
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:23:55 -0700
Hi Chris:

In North America a saloon is a place to drink booze.  A sedan is a four
door car.  The term has been corrupted over the past 30 years to mean all
cars with two or four doors but not cars with "hardtop" or coupe styling.
It's just another one of those annoying cross-Atlantic language problems.
We don't call them wings we call them fenders - etc.etc.

John McEwen