RE: starting newsgroup

To: "EPMD- Van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Subject: RE: starting newsgroup
From: Der schwarze Buccaneer <js-allen@students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 21:54:00 -0600 (CST)
On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, EPMD- Van syckel, John wrote:

> I like it the way it is.  I enjoy the LBC postings, and I enjoy the "off the
> wall" stuff.  I enjoy the good advice and I enjoy the humor.   I also like
> learning about things that I haven't had to do yet, but may have to do in
> the future.   I can always delete what I don't want to read.

        A newsgroup wouldn't change that.  It would merely mean you
wouldn't have to look at the posting on a given day if you didn't want to,
and your mailbox won't fill up.  The only difference is instead of the
messages arriving at your mailbox, they arrive at the host server of the
group.  You can bet plenty of folks would _still_ post all kinds of off
topic stuff!  The only downside I can see is there would be spammers,
but I'm pretty good at ignoring 'ignorami'.

                                                -Scott Allen
                                                js-allen@students.uiuc.edu

        "At dawn we will face the greatest test of our resolve.  But I
say this: though starving, hunger will not weaken us; though diseased,
illness will not cripple us, and though weary, exhaustion will not claim
us.  We can fight knowing that all true Reiklanders will forevermore
honour our valiant gesture of defiance, even though our bodies be left to
feed the beasts of carrion.

        Mind you...we could always surrender."  -Rick Priestly's Siege