Re: MGB Starter: Help!

To: mpt3265@osfmail.isc.rit.edu
Subject: Re: MGB Starter: Help!
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 18:21:57 EST
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, check the ground on the
starter.
 I had a similar problem with the GT. Every time it failed to start
(either from your #2 or #3), I'd take the starter off, bench test it
(fine each time), re-installed it worked perfectly for a few days or a
couple of weeks even.
 Finally ran a ground strap from the upper mounting bolt to the frame.
 Haven't had a start failure in over a year now.
 YMMV
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget