oil pressure question

Subject: oil pressure question
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 14:54:26 -0500
I have a '75 MGB (no oil cooler, no electric cooling fan). I just drove
it a relatively long distance (55 miles at 75 mph or so) in one sitting
and I noticed towards the end of that run, the temp gauge was on the
second dot (just past the middle of the guage) but my oil pressure was
much lower than normal, 50 psi cruising, about 15psi idling. I'm used to
it being at about 70-75 psi at cruising speeds 25 psi or so idling. I
have 20w50 oil in it. Do I have anything to worry about, or am I ok
still?  I need to wait until I drive home and see if, towards the end of
my drive (12 miles or so) if the pressure is that low.

I am planning on an oil cooler, but I wanted to wait a month or two
before I splurged on that, but....

--
John Steczkowski
Director, Business Systems Solutions, Central & West