Re: I Don't Trust Static Timing Anymore

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: I Don't Trust Static Timing Anymore
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 00:18:02 EDT

>    Many cars ONLY give timing data for static. If you car is working
>  and original, setting the static timing where the manufacturer says
>  will put timing at all RPMs where the manufacturer suggests.

OK, I'll buy that. So don't trust static timing with an OLD distributor. Now
if I'm getting too much advance too soon, maybe I'm not getting enough at
really high rpm. I think I'll try a new set of springs.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336