Re: Re: Zero Idle

To: Wetmgs <Wetmgs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Zero Idle
From: Marten Dubourcq <dubourcm@db.erau.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
I just wanted to mention that i had a similar problem with my 73B that
has Hif4 carbs on it.  Just like you said that after you replaced tehm,
the problem went away.teWell when I bought the car the PO would just
drive around with the choke pulled in order to keep it running.  The
first thing I did was to tear the carbs down, blow them clean, reinstall
them and adjust the mixture and the car an fine.  Since then the problem
has arisen twice.  I then came across a publication (can't think of where
or what) that stated that the HIF4 carbs needle value's have a tendancy
to not seat properly.  IMHO this may be the problem.  Moss sells a
replace fro these which employ a ball instead of the needle for better
sealing.  In the future I plan to replace them with the new seat.

Marten  73B