RE: OD Speedo numbers

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, MG List <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: OD Speedo numbers
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 20:23:51 -0600
Mike there is no difference.  Well that's not entirely true.  I know that
from 1976 on all MG's had 1000 speedos (the 1976 date may not be the *first*
date this occurred).  It didn't make any difference whether they were OD or
not.  This was an attempt to standardize the speedos.  I think you would
find that since 1976 the 1000 speedos were also used in other British cars.
By doing this they would just set the car up to push the 1000 speedo at the
right speed.

My 1969 B non-overdrive had a 1280 speedo (when it was non-overdrive).  I
think, and this is a wild a** guess, that the correct speedo for the 1969 OD
car is a 1050.

Larry Hoy; Denver, CO. USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"