Re: Fuel delivery problem-'79 roadster

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel delivery problem-'79 roadster
From: James McPhee <jmcphee@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 20:16:16 -0600
Robert and others,

Thanks for the tips.  Think I've got it solved.  Turns out the float
valve was "loose" in the carb body.  When I went to try to start the car
in my neighbors driveway this morning it flooded big time.  Even started
dripping into the passenger footwell from the charcoal cannisters.  Took
carb apart, removed, cleaned(no visible dirt), and tightened float
valve, then cleaned and rebuilt rest of carb.  Haven't had chance to
drive any distance yet, but seems to be back to normal behavior.

By the way, what is the purpose of what Moss calls the "Induction
Heater" that goes between the carb and the manifold, and should there be
two wires attached, or just the one as on my car.  It has two spade
terminals. Pretty expensive little "heater".

Thanks again to all.

Jim McPhee
Placitas,  NM