Re: Nostalgic Design

To: JustBrits <JustBrits@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Nostalgic Design
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 21:41:05 -0400
>    If a person were to take the time to find a CBB, do a groundup with new
>body shell said person would be spending under $ 20k and have a brand new car
>that APPRECIATES not DEPRECIATES.  The new car would be around after the
M**ta
>(cannot even type the word, much less say it) rusted away and was of ZERO
>dollars worth.

You'd also be dealing with (with a Miata)

A car that is cheaper to insure
A car that gets better gas mileage
A car that attracts less attention
A car that is not so much of a big deal if it gets scratched in the parking
lot
A car that doesn't have 20+ year old bits in it
A car that won't make you feel guilty if you want to add a cd player, etc
A car that is harder to steal
A car that you can get parts for anywhere without having to order them
A car that has a manufacturers warranty
A car with more modern features (AC, cruise, tilt...)

The Miata will never depreciate to where you're saying it will. And I'm
willing
to bet that the Miata if properly cared for will rust as fast as a MG that is
properly cared for (eg: it won't!)

BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring

http://members.home.com/mgbhaven