Re: Nostalgic Design

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Subject: Re: Nostalgic Design
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 19:07:38 -0500
Wholehearted agreement by me,  I like 'em - just not as much "character" as
an  LBC, and usually we define "character" as including all the little
foibles common to old, Lucas-electrified autos, aqnd the look that the Miata
just doesn't quite capture...I LOVE my B, I "like" all the other nifty
little cars.
My wife wanted a Miata, I bought her a Mazda MX-3 instead, only cuz I
couldn't find a Golf at the time with similar mileage/price, and I insisted
on a hatchback, since we were replacing a pick up truck! I'd prefer my old
'89 CRX, actually, helluva car, no "character". But those CRXSi's are
infinitely upgradeable and reaching "classic" status pretty quick along with
VW GTIs.
Now I have the B, which fulfills my needs (for a toy and object of
automotive enthusiasm -- read testosto-pride, hehe) and her wants (for a
cute little roadster).
To each his own, I say! At least Miata drivers are on the right track...it's
up to us to drive our cars around so they can be seen by the Miata folks and
lusted after as the "real thing" -- whatever that means.

Dan
'73 B