Re: Sunroofs

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Sunroofs
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:15:18 +0100
On 11/5/98 9:05 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>Ok, I'm really not trying to be a smartass, honest, but isn't the object of
>a GT to have a cozy, cool looking B that doesn't leak? If you're going to
>cut a hole in the roof of your beautiful GT, I'd think the money would be
>better spent for a small "moonroof" type thing made of plexiglass or real
>glass that is removeable. I don't know how much it costs, but a canvas
>roll-back type roof just seems IMHO, a masochistic venture where you have
>all the moisture of us roadster owners and none of the visibility and style!
>;)
Oh please no! A glass sunroof in an MGB? That's the best way to ruin its
looks and your credibility, not to mention the car's value. Glass
aftermarket sunroofs are only fit for old Escorts driven by boyracers.

The only sunroof for a B has to be a proper 'cloth' one. And, no, they
don't leak if they're in good condition.

If you're brave, you can fit your own sunroof. I've done it using an
electric jigsaw fitted with a hacksaw blade. Just make sure you at least
double-check the measurements befroe you start cutting!!

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk