Re[2]: Low Compression Reading (longish)

To: <rkegg@juno.com (Randell S Kegg)>
Subject: Re[2]: Low Compression Reading (longish)
From: dereck.carey@cdsi.com
Date: Tue, 19 May 98 10:16:31 -0500
thanks for all the responses.  And I did take in all the advice.  I went
back to the valves and adjusted the valve lashes and it helped (very
little) the compression went up to 32-32-60-90 (this wasn't with the
throttle completely open though).  So the next step was the one I was
dreading, I added oil to the cylinder.  Guess what, the compression
jumped straight up to 120 all around.

Now I am sitting here with beat up knuckles from pulling the engine and
tranny this weekend.  I am going to send the Head in to Apple Hydraulics
to convert to unleaded and have the Block serviced locally.  Any
recommendations, DC area?  Any thing else I should take into account?

Thanks again for all the input!

Dereck

Your compression readings are so low, that they would indicate an engine
that would not run at all. This seems incompatible with the statement
that you drove the car for 3 hours to get it home. I noticed that you
adjusted the valves. Could you have adjusted them too tightly?. This
would leave the valves partially open, resuliting in low compression.
Just a thought..........

Randy Kegg