Re: Breakage

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Breakage
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 09:34:37 -0700
Mike, Jim, and all:

I was the one who asked that question.  As far as normal driving is concerned,
I've lived with an MGB as a daily driver for the past twelve years.  It's
a solid old car.  My question was more to the point of harsh competition
driving.

The Team is planning a project around a 'B GT, and I've no want to break
something and shunt it.  If I off it because of my driving, that's something
else, but in a game where "off" can mean down an exposure, into a rock, etc,
one desires minimal risk of equipment failure.

So far, besides the well known spridget stub axle failure, I've heard of
an autocross 'B that broke its sway bar end links, and a hill climb
'B GT V-8 that had the steering rack mounts fail.  Just a couple of more
things for the octagonally competitive to add to their checklists.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/