RE: I have a problem

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: I have a problem
From: "Webber, Geoff" <gwebber@dow.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 05:34:10 -0400
>Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 21:14:07 +0000
>From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
>Subject: Re: LBC NDC (Near Death Experience)

>A very good example of why everyone should have a battery disconnect
>switch behind the passenger seat!!!

Battery disconnect switch? tell me more.... since getting my 69B
roadster a couple of weeks ago I've started thinking about hanging onto
it - as opposed to letting envious bad people pinch it on me... :) I
know the battery disconnect switch is more a safety device but might be
a good starting point for what I'm after.
The club type steering locks are darn ugly... and so are the pedal to
steering wheels crooks.
I've toyed with the idea of an engine immobiliser, but can't find one
that seems to cut ignition and start circuits (correct me if I'm wrong,
but if the immobilser just cuts the "start", couldn't you just connect
"ignition" and push start the car?)
Alarm systems in a roadster just seem to be a major hassle being open
anyways, so I'm really after a way of increasing the odds that my car
will be where I left it when I park. To date, I'm pocketing the
coil-dizzy wire if I don't like where I'm parked - crude but effective,
but not the answer.
I think the fuel cut-out switch might be the go, but I'm open to
suggestions...

Cheers....

Geoff.