Re: rocker switches

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca, mg <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: rocker switches
From: Becky Mahoney <bmahoney@home.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 07:20:27 -0500
Well, I really thought this was a cool idea.  The sad part is that the
switches are worn pretty smooth.  I have one that is not working, so I
used that one as a 'well, messed that up' trial part.  I took an
engraving pen and deepened the places where the white should be.  Not
the neatest fix in the world.  I think with some touch up, I could look
okay, but not great.  The tuff part is that the point on the pen is
difficult to see when you are using it as the point is small and the pen
shaped part covers it.  Also, I've had a couple of slips while doing
this.  I had this at the office with me yesterday, and during a few
quiet moments I gave this a try.  I found that 'white out' works pretty
well on filling in the white places.  (My co-workers think I have lost
my mind!)  Obviously, the 'white out' is not what I plan on using for
the final trial, it was just handy!  My SO called while I was rubbing
the excess off and invited me to lunch.  When we got in the restaurant,
I realized I still had the piece in my hand.  Now the waiter thinks I'm
crazy too! :)  Anyway, I'm gonna work on it some more.  If anyone has a
better idea for deepening the white area, PLEASE send it on!

Becky