RE: I have a problem

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: I have a problem
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 06:54:45 -0700
I had the perfect solution for girlfriend selection in college.  I was
the proud owner of a somewhat seedy MG 1100 Sports Sedan (saloon).  For
a long time, I had the dashboard removed from the car (I was fabricating
a new wood dash with lots of round instruments).  With the dash removed,
the switches hung down, supported by the wires.  When turning corners or
executing other maneuvers, the switches would swing back and forth,
shorting against each other and sparking.  Sometimes the wipers would
kick on hard turns, etc. Harmless but unnerving.

That's where the girlfriend selection came in.  I used the car as a
litmus test, if I went out on a date with a girl in that car, and she
agreed to date a SECOND time, I knew there was hope.  If they staggered
away from the car shaking their heads after the first date, I knew it
was time to turn my attention somewhere else.

Cheers, PK