Re: I have a problem

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: I have a problem
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 21:03:06 EDT
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:50:46 -0400 Larry Macy
<macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu> writes:

>Hate to burst your bubble. But My 14 year old daughter listens to the
>local '70's station and requested and got a Jimi Hendrix CD for
>Christmas. Now I get to listen to it as well, when I can get it out of
>
>her CD player. She also joins us for a once or twice a month LP
>marathon.
>Yes I said LP as in vinyl records. We have a nearly 300 LP collection
>that I am not going to give up for the world!!! (I think they have a
>better musical presence than any CD I ever heard IMHO)
>
>Larry Macy (Still stuck in the '60's)
>78 Midget (Younger than most of the music I listen to)

Well said Larry - you have to have a few clicks pops and scratches to get
the REAL atmosphere - over the years i have duplicated most of my record
collection on CD but i still play 45s often - theres nothing like a white
label "Purple Haze" at full volume -
or some off those odd one hit wonder singles that everyone has - also
who else has original copies of EVERY Beatles, WHO and Johns Children
(hehe) record most purchased for 7/4 1/2 (seven and fourpence ha'penny)
after queuing in the rain on the release date!!??.....mumble
mumble....."pictures of Lily"..... April 10th 1967.... mumble mumble

mike robson
60/70s cars
60/70s musical taste
60/70s haircut!!