Re: Evil Steering Wheel

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Evil Steering Wheel
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 14:33:41 -0700
Did the design of the switches and steering column surround change from '74
to '77?

The original post refers to changing the turn/headlights switch -- for my
'74 there was no need to remove the steering wheel to change this switch.....

Simon

>>Listers......
>>
>>Here's a good one....
>>I went about replacing my turn signal/hi-lo beam switch on my 77
>B..and
>>silly me, I thought it would be relatively straightforward.
>WRONGGGGG.
>>The one large nut, once removed should facilitate the removal of the
>>steering wheel, and then take care of the switch assembly. This is
>not
>>so.No amount of tugging, hammering (gently) or even swearing can get
>>this one loose.
>>Am I missing something.....a slide hammer???
>>
>>help

---
Simon Matthews      Avant! Corporation
                    Phone:  (510) 413-8820