RE: Webers

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Webers
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 07:28:06 -0600
There is so much talk about what sacrilege it is to take the original carbs
off an MG in favor of a Weber.  But you have to remember that not everybody
was blessed with a pair of SU's on their cars originally.  Some of us were
cursed by that marvel called the Zenith-Stromberg.  I took off the ZS in
favor of a DGV and it is the best thing that ever happened to my car.  I
happen to like to be able to set the idle below 1500 rpm without stalling.
I haven't seen many stories on this list talking about how they were
disappointed with the Weber compared to the ZS and decided to go back to the
ZS!  Granted, the SU setup is probably the best thing for these cars, but
the DGV is an easy way to rectify one of the biggest shortcomings of the
later cars.

John Miller
76 B