Re: Webers

To: "Robert Alan Reisse" <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Webers
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 16:41:07 -0400
>I have asked before about the weber carburators.  I did not have a choice,
>it was already on the car when I bought it late last year.  At first I
>didn't really notice the problem, but lately it has become quite severe and
>I would like to have any advice on getting it set up properly.  I am at a
>lose.  I have the manual for it, but I really can not seem to get it set up
>properly.
>
>I can use the car reasonable well as long as I do not really push the
>accelerator.  Even driving it on the expressways around here, Baltimore, MD.
>
>On sunday there was a rally sponsered by the MG's of Baltimore.  I took it
>easy getting to the start and didn't have any problems.  But from the
>meeting place to the start of the rally it would stall and gave me all
>sorts of problems.  During the rally however, it worked like a champ.  We
>even came in first, pretty good for beginners.  On the way back, again I
>took it easy and the car ran like a top.  I would really like to get some
>guidance on setting up the weber so I could at least push this car a little
>bit.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bob Reisse
>76B

I tuned the Weber by ear when I first set it up. Advanced the timing a
touch, and passed emmisions like that. Only when the car is cold do I
experience a little hesitation. Once tha car is warm runs like a top.
I chose this comment to reply to because I wanted to sy CONGRATULATIONS
to Bob on his Rally victory. I ran one thae same day but only to third.
Again Congrats to a fellow rallier.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.