Re: Webers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Webers
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 13:02:36 -0400 (EDT)
>To say that the Weber never ran right might be a bit of an overstatement.  I
>experienced the dreaded "off-idle stumble" with the carb, and as I attempted
>to tune it out, I found myself creating more problems.  I did manage to get
>the stumble down to a minimum, but I still just didn't like the carb too
>much when it ran well.

>Michael S. Lishego
>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/

Mike,

When I first put the Weber on my B it ran pretty well.  Then I dropped
my car off at a reputable local shop that specializes in foreign cars just to
go over the timing, carb set-up, etc, double check my work.  A mistake. He said
I had everything just about on the nuts.  Unfortunately the car ran better
before he made some "fine adjustments"

The car(b) now has what I think you are calling "the dreaded off-idle stumble".
It also alternates between idling like a jeweled watch and refusing to idle
without full choke.
Going from idle to throttle when starting from a stop the car(b) hesitates
unless I give it a quick jab of the thottle to get past the stumble.

To anyone out there: is this stumble because the carb is set to lean?  Once
moving the car(b) runs fine.

Now, I put the Weber on from the begining so I don't have a reference point to
SU's.  I still have my SU's but will probably save them for a winter project to
set up on the car.  Any advice on curing the Weber off-idle stumble.