MGB tranny crossmember removal

Subject: MGB tranny crossmember removal
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:20:46 -0500
I ended up having to pull the engine to get to my stuck oil pressure
relief valve.  I spoke to Bob Mason (NAMGBR tech support man) and he
spoke to John Twist, and they concluded that the engine must come
out...they've heard of a stuck valve maybe a few times in many years.

Everything is removed from the engine (followed the Bentley manual
completely), but I can't seem to get the transmission crossmember
removed from the tranny.  The four bolts holding the x-member to the
body (rubber bumper, 76, with overdrive) are removed, and two of the
bolts (front-most) holding the inverse-trapezoidal piece to the tranny
are removed, but more hold it on.  Any idea how to get to them?

The engine/ tranny will come out tomorrow.  Thanks

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman