Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??

To: TXBobcat30@aol.com
Subject: Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 07:00:16 -0400
TXBobcat30@aol.com wrote:

> Hi, I'm 15 years old right now and I'm considering a B for my first car.  I
> have recently became "obsessed" with these cars.(I just love 'em)  I have just
> acquired a '66 MGB from one of my relatives.  It had been sitting in a barn
> for about 13 years, does not run yet, has 90K miles, body seems to be in good
> shape except for some rust on the floor panels.  I have already been offered
> help to pay for most of the cost of getting it going again.......but is it
> worth it!??  I have heard of people having many problems keeping these cars
> running and I am wanting to know if I would be making a wise decision in
> trying to make it my daily driver and first car???  Any advice would be
> greatly appreciated...Thanks
>
> -Jarrod H.

Jarrod-

There are many people who drive MGB's daily including myself.  I have a
74 MGBGT which I drive year round in New Jersey - I also show the car at
events (never won anything for it but hey its the fun of displaying and
meeting other MGer's).  Once you get it running and safely on the road
you will have no more problems with it than if you had a newer car.  And
when you do have problems with it it is generally easier and cheaper to
fix then a new car.

Join a local MG club and you will find lots of help in your restoration
efforts and daily driving problems (if any).

Good luck and keep the list posted on your progress.

Safety fast!

Rick

<http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/9945>