Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, <TXBobcat30@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 08:18:45 -0400
>> Hi, I'm 15 years old right now and I'm considering a B for my first car.
>
>  I would advise against it unless you really have a lot of
>free time.

I highly agree with Trevor on that point.  I picked up my '66 MGB at 14 (I'm
16 now), however with school, work, and a life... it doesn't leave much time
for the car at all.  So unless you can make the commitment to the car, and
give it the attention and care it deserves; I wouldn't do it again.  Adam
Schellinck (also a young MGB owner) would probably agree with both Trevor
and I, last I chatted with him we were both in the same predicament and he
was thinking about putting his MGB in storage.

>  I have three MGs, but to be honest, wouldn't want to rely on any
>of them as my main car. I need at least one car that I know I can
>just hop in and be where I want to be, so in turn I can make any
>plans I need to make and I'll be sure to be able to get there.

Thats because your mechanical skills are just starting to come up to speed
;-)

>  Having a car that consumes time and money is not what you want
>when you are at that age.

Not only that, but I'm guessing that since you're 15 you are probably will
be entering 10th or 11th grade.  Those last 3 years of High School are going
to be killers.  Eleventh grade probably being the toughest (I can't say
anything for 12th grade, I'll find that out after summer).  You'll be
getting about 23 pounds of junk mail from colleges and other post highschool
educational establishments.  You'll be taking your SATs, and in my case you
may even take college credit courses over at the community college or
something.  I just have to busy of schedule to really be "good" to my MGB.

Think about it long and hard before you jump into this!

--
Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: KMR or rebelgeek)