Re: Oil Cooler Cleaning

To: Matt.Kulka@hboc.com
Subject: Re: Oil Cooler Cleaning
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:18:57 EDT
On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:33:17 -0400 Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
writes:
Snip

>I priced a new 13-row cooler at around $90.00 (US).  So my question
>is:
>Has anyone found a really great way to clean out the old cooler and
>reuse it?

 While it may be theoreticaly possible to get all the crud out of an MGB
cooler, in practice it is just about impossible.
 If you think about it, $90 isn't too much to spend for the knowledge
that NONE of the old crud can get back into the engine. You'll sleep
better at night.

Rick Morrison (who sleeps better at night because
72 MGBGT (has had it's oil cooler replaced this winter)
74 Midget