RE: MG questions

To: "'Ellie Martin'" <zade@somtel.com>
Subject: RE: MG questions
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 15:05:46 -0600
MG's are great cars, as long as you take care of them.  The most important
thing to realize is that an MG is not like a car of today, where you can
just change the oil every six months and never worry about anything.
Tinkering is the key with these cars.  As far as being a good city car, I
had my MGB in Philadelphia for 5 years, and it was a great city car.  I'd
recommend rubber bumpers though, especially if you want to park it on the
street.  Since most people parallel park with the thump method (when they
hear their bumper thump into your bumper, they know they can't go any
further), a chrome bumpered car could get its front and rear ends trashed
pretty quickly.  But as far as finding parking spots on the street, you'll
get into spots that other cars can only dream of.  You should definitely get
a removable stereo and a Club for the steering wheel, but thieves don't have
a purpose for these cars other than if they wanted to joyride.  Good Luck!

John Miller
76 B