First-time welder!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: First-time welder!
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:32:46 EST
Hello all,
    I've been blessed with the opportunity to do something I've
always wanted to do - take an art class involving welding!  I won't
be starting until this fall, but I'm still pretty pumped up about it.
 I'll be learning on oxy-acetalyne torches.  How does this skill
translate to mig welding?  I'm thinking about getting a welder if my
'art' goes well...(Actually, I'd like to repair the crack of doom on
my MGB doors, but the art prof wouldn't smile upon that one!)
    Take care!
-Mike Lishego