Re: First-time welder!

To: Mike Lishego <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: First-time welder!
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 07:01:10 -0400 (EDT)
        No relation between arc and oxy-acetayne. But if you get good with
the torch then you won't need the arc welder. For most everything you do a
torch will work and will not destort the metal as much. For those without
a torch welding shops sell brazing rods that can be used with propane.
These will produce a weld strong enough that if you were to weld a strap
of metal to your car you would be able to lift it off the ground.
...Art