Re: Brakes on 69B

To: Frank W Phillips JR <FWP@vpha.health.ufl.edu>
Subject: Re: Brakes on 69B
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:28:53 -0400 (EDT)
        Frank I would offer a few suggestions as far as doing your own
pipes. Be sure to get a tubing bender. Pep Boys and Parts America both
sell a nice one for about $10 dollars. You can use it with the line on
the car so it makes the job like going around the axle easy. The tool I'm
refering to uses a wrench to do the adjusting. The second tool that you
will need is a flaring tool. Pep Boys lets you borrow tools for free so
does Parts America, so if you have either of these stores near you try to
borrow one. The last tool is a small tubing cutter, much smaller than a
pipe cutter but looks the same. When everthing is put together check your
fittings for leaks. Chances are that some of your flares may leak. If this
happens remove the line and drain it, then heat the flare with a propane
torch until it is cherry red. Let it cool on it's own then reinstall it.
This will cure your leak. The same can be done with the copper washers

that are used in brake systems, especially if you are reusing an old one.
...Art