Re: Grabbing Brakes

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Grabbing Brakes
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 10:09:34 -0500
Not unless it is shedding material that can stop something up.  (And of
course I'm only familiar with MGA.)

The clutch and brake cylinders are all "in a row" in an MGA. They share
fluid and the master cylinder. I think you hit upon your problem with the
"blue stuff." Let's see what sort of replies you get on that one.

I'm wondering what that gooey blue stuff is... Could somebody have tried to
shortcut the O-rings that go into the calipers with some sort of gasket
material?

Good luck...

Carol

At 10:54 AM 7/12/98 -0400, Philip Hubbard wrote:

>Carol,
>
>Actually, no I only replaced the two front brake flex hoses.  Would a bad
>clutch hose have anything to do with my brakes?  I haven't noticed any
>difficulty with the clutch.
>
>Philip

>At 09:26 AM 7/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Philip...
>>
>>I only came into your story this morning, but I can relate to it!
>>
>>You didn't say in your most recent posts.... do you have ALL new hoses?
>>When I had trouble last summer, one hose collapsed (guy who did work with
>>me should have known that.... He's a bragging mechanic, and I was the
>>'newbie'.) Barney and I were finished with the Alaska trip and were on the
>>way back from GT22 when that happened. But WE forgot to put in the hose to
>>the clutch. (Had parts overnighted through George M to Marble Falls,
Texas!)