Re: Air Yuckies

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Air Yuckies
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:34:41 -0700
ccrobins wrote:
> .
>
>   As for the "free to pollute" queation:  My car has been desmogged (no
> air pump, earlier head).  That's the way it was when I bought it.  I
> assuage my guilt by believing that it's one of very few left running in
> comparison to the total # of other cars on the road.
>   Charley Robinson
>   `69 B
Wouldn't make more sense to require smog on cars that there are more of?
How many MGBs are in California?How many miles are they driven per year?
There shouldn't be a blanket law for every '75 to'95 car it should
depend on how much impact these cars will have on the envirionment.Why
should a Mc Laren be made to obey the federal laws?There are probably
only one or two in the country.If you have an '85
Chevie it should be smogged but an '85 Lotus shouldn't.This is laziness
on the feds part
It would be easy to find out how many MGBs are driving around the state
probably not more than a couple of thousand and they are spread out all
over the state and not driven that much.Also if I put a better carb on
it or EFI it wouldn't pass the visual!See how stupid this is!A guy in a
94 minivan driving it to work 50 miles each way is polluting more than
my B does that is only driven on weekends and not to work.Why vcan't we
demand fairness and common sense in these laws we all want to do our
part but only if it is fair.
Pat