Re: Air Yuckies

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Air Yuckies
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@QNET.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 07:27:37 -0700
ccrobins wrote:
 It's as though the
> gov't was out to spoil our fun.YEP  Some of us need to grow up.If we acted
>grown up we wouldn't drive MGs!Just who's ox is going to gored next?In calif
>you can't smoke in restaurants or bars Now I don't like sitting next to
>someone smoking but this is a slippery slope we are going down.We sit around
>buying the "company line" thinking that what we are doing is for good reasons
>when in actuality it's only to pad the pockets of
a select few.The people who makes the dynos for smog 2 lobbied
Sacramento and are making millions of dollars on this!( at our
expense)Arco lobbied for the use of MTBE and is making millions.MTBE is
very toxic and is polluting the ground waters and there is talk of
shutting down all the lakes from powerboats because of this crap.It's
easy to sit in another state or country and think I'm whining but YOU
don't have to put up with it,and the people we elect are not responsive
and if we kick them out they won't be either.I hope to retire in a few
years and I will go somewhere that isn't as intrusive.As for
"elitism"Maybe so but what impact does a  guy in a '80 lotus have?I
think certain cars should be exempt regardless of their age simply
because they aren't causing a problem.
Lets DEMAND a sane and fair approach to this!
Pat