Re: MGA tires

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA tires
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:41:08
At 11:10 AM 7/16/98 -0500, Bill Eastman wrote:
>I saw in a Tire Rack add that someone was selling a 185 65 15 tire or
something very close to this.  Has anyone used these on a car?  Barney
levers 195 60 15 racing tires onto the Attitude A but they are a little
balloon like for a daily driver on stock rims.  Maybe the 185's would be a
better solution.  No experience just postulating.

A friend of mine drives an MGA on a set of Yokohama AVS Intermediate
185-65HR15 tires.  They are a nice compromise if you can only afford one
set of tires or don't like changing them every weekend.  The AVS seem to be
a step up from normal street tires, but not quite race tires.  And they fit
great on the MGA, plenty of room under the fenders.  If anyone is
interested, I just happen to have two of these tires with just two minutes
of running time on them, and they're just sitting here looking for a new
home.  Could be real cheap.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude

PS
Best bang for the buck in handling equipment for an MGA is a large front
anti-sway bar.  3/4" diameter works nicely for me.  ADDCO bars are about
$95 through J.C. Whitney.  Drill 6 holes, less then an hour to install.
BG