OFF TOPIC - "Hicks" (was Re: Swaps)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: OFF TOPIC - "Hicks" (was Re: Swaps)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:06:27 -0500
With all this stereotyping going around from the Yankees on the list...
Can I apply for some membership into a seperate ethnic group or something
since my family tree has one less branch than all you "normal" folks up
North?
I hate to tell ya'll, but if some of you start doing some research into your
geneology, you may find that cousins (second cousins in my case, great
grandparents) got married pretty often back in the 1800s -- North and South.
Not that I'm a "hick" (maybe I am), mind you...and all in good humor, but if
you folks in the N.E. are that convinced about the south and the folks that
live there, well you just stay put and don't come 'round, ya hear?
Dan
73 B