RE: Tire wear on 76 MGB

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Tire wear on 76 MGB
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:29:55 -0700
Hi,

> On to the next problem.  My left front tire is wearing on the
> inside rather
> noticable.  There appears to be no correction for this problem in either
> the Bentley or Hayes Manuals.  Any suyggestions.

Check the A-arm pivots (they hold the lower spring pan to the crossmember).
There is no adjustment for this, but they can get bent (by kerb impact and
general abuse).  Mine are bent and I shall be replacing them both shortly
(esp. as I just bought new wheels and tyres).

Also check the tie rod ends for correct positioning (these are the only
adjustable things on the front end AFAIK (as far as I know), and are
described in the Moss parts catalogue as well as Haynes and Bentley)

Hope this helps,

Andy