Re: Tire wear on 76 MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tire wear on 76 MGB
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 16:01:11 -0600

>>     Here's one question for the list.  If you have the A-arms with
>>  ovaled holes, what is the best way to remedy this problem?  I know
>>  that new A-arms can be had, for a price.   Is it possible, feasible,
>>  and economical to simply weld the holes shut, then re-drill them?

I faced this question several years ago and thought about welding. But if
you check, the a-arms are actually very inexpensive. And why not do it
right? That is what I did and I know the total cost was less than $30 back
then.

You will still have to remove the A-arms and replace the rubber bushings.
Probably be about a one or two hour job even if the bolts give you grief.

David Councill
71 BGT