Re: Smog Woes (part one)

To: <neil.cairns@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Smog Woes (part one)
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 05:48:41 -0500
Neil,
   Most of us in the States don't have it quite as good as John does
in Georgia.  Currently regular unleaded is running $1.02 to $1.10 in
the Houston Tx. area, with some discount stations around $0.98.  In
California the prices are quite a bit higher.  There are fairly significant
differences from State to State, depending on local SMOG rules and
distances to refineries etc.  Some States are still selling leaded
regular while others are strickly unleaded only.  Then there is the
fuel/road tax added in,  which in Texas amounts to about $0.39 per
gallon,  of course you probably don't know anything about taxes in
the UK ;-) ( tounge firmly planted).

Harlan