RE: Smog Woes (part one)

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: RE: Smog Woes (part one)
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:56:54 -0700 (PDT) (22:56 UT)
Well, I'm not an extremist, but I predict a lot of protest, civil
disobedience, and even rioting as those that can least afford to
pay large repairs, much less lose their vehicles and their livelihood,
are confronted with "The SMOG Man."
I'm all for improving our quality of life, but this is so obviously the
wrong way to go about it, anyone but an idiot or a legislator could see it.
I am severely disappointed in the Auto Club.  This is reason the club
was created in the first place: to represent drivers' interests in
the legislative branch.  I started contacting them early on, and they
assured everyone that it wasn't legal to impose standards that weren't
in force at the time of manufacture.  What a crock.
I lucked out on Tintin & Milou, but my Trooper could well fail.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*