Re: Smog Woes (part one)

To: TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com
Subject: Re: Smog Woes (part one)
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:19:54 EDT
Philippe,
  Yours is not the only state to enact retroactive legislation.  CT did
it a few years ago. We came up against it with the 72 GT, when we learned
to our dismay that the allowable emissions had been reduced by 50% one
year!
  Fortunately, Bob Wanta was able to get the emissions down to pass the
test, but the car could not be driven at those ignition and carb
settings.
  Since then, the state has determined to exempt 25 year old and older
vehicles from the emissions requirements. It was not, however, out of
kindness or thoughtfulness---turns out that the testers make money at $20
for a two-year sticker, but they claimed to be losing it on the retests
of our old cars.
  Long may they waive.
Bob