Re: Smog Woes (part one)

To: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Smog Woes (part one)
From: Becky Mahoney <bmahoney@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 06:48:33 -0500
Don't even get me started on the taxes issue.  I went thru an audit and
am now paying over $5,000 in taxes that I DON'T OWE!!!  The reason for
this is that they put you in the situation where it will cost you more
money to hire an attorney than it would be just to pay the damn thing
(sorry for the strong language)  I provided the *^%*^%##% auditor with
all the documentation he asked for (which he even admitted) and he still
refused to show a no change on the audit.  When I asked him about this,
the answer was so ludicrous!!!  It was basically some stupid stuff which
was intended to be absolutely ridiculous so there would be no way to
argue or provide additional documentation.  (We still can't prove that
you didn't receive income from any community action programs) Should I
contact every single one in the United States and get a letter stating
that I received no funding from them???  When I talked to the tax
attorney, he told me that this was their way of doing things....if they
can't find anywhere that you cheated, they do something like
this....said that they are judged on how much they collect on the audit,
not whether they made a correct assessment or not!!!!!  This is crap!

Sorry.....I told you not to get me started!!!

Becky
69 MGB roadster
snip>