Re: MGB Fender Flares?

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Fender Flares?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 18:31:03 -0400
Keith Wheeler wrote:
> So here's the typical questions...anyone on the list(s)
> flared their 'B?

  I flared the rear fenders on my B. I didn't flare them
out, I flared them UP a little.

  I have pictures of the process in the "scanner queue"
for my web site, but it's straightforward.

  I just used an angle grinder with a cut off wheel and
cut the wheel lip off including the bottom 2 inches
of fender around the hole. Then I trimmed the edge,
and slid the "lip" piece up behind the fender to the
new height and seam welded it in.

  Worked very well, I reused the original lip so it
looks perfect, and I only had to fabricate a tiny
stretch of the lip at the front and back.

 The effect is not really noticeable, the difference
is only that instead of having 3-4 inches of fender
below the chrome strip, I have only 1-2 inches. It
actually matches the front this way.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/