RE: Driving lights/Fog lights

Subject: RE: Driving lights/Fog lights
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 07:52:50 -0500
Hi Phil,
I'm still on the list. I noticed that others had listed the same site in
informative otherwise and would avoid using those blue lights. Even if it
were not for the practical issues, I think they just look cheesey. To me,
the blue halogen headlights are a cheap attempt at immitating the arc
discharge lamps.

At 03:10 PM 8/26/98 -0500, Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com> wrote:
>Regarding those "blue" headlights. For more than you probably ever wanted
>to know about lighting and headlights see:
>
>http://lighting.mbz.org/    (yep, no "www" )
>
>There is are write-ups on the various types of lighting systems and blue
>lights etc.
>
>I was waiting for Mr. Bettencourt to comment on this as I got the link off
>of his web page. Maybe he's no longer on the list.
>
>The conversion for a Lucas 7" round is a bit expensive - it isn't just a
>new bulb but a replacement of the sealed beam  with a replaceable bulb
>set-up. I am considering it - not the "blue" lights but a  halogen
>replaceable-bulb system. if I do it I'll let everyone know how it works.
>
>Phil Vanner
>"it's good to see where you're going"

Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB - '89 T10 Blazer