Re: Driving lights/Fog lights

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Driving lights/Fog lights
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:47:56 +0000
Speedo79@aol.com wrote:

> Very well stated!  Maybe the DOT should adopt some kind of headlight
> maximum height...(they've regulated everything else for our
> "safety")

In Western Australia I was planning a drive into the "outback" and had
fitted some moderately powerful driving lights onto a roof rack for
greater "throw" when driving at high speeds on the deserted roads.  This
was mainly so I would have plenty of warning of cattle and kangaroos
wandering on the roads.

I was pulled over in a country town and told to take them off before I
could go any further because the law prevented me from having any lights
fitted "more than four feet above the bumber" of the vehicle.

I had never heard of the law but wanted to get out of Hazzard County
without getting thrown into jail so they dutifully came down (for the
next hundred miles of daylight, of course).

Eric