Re: Paint going bad

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Paint going bad
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 14:42:19 -0700
Trevor,

        During my brief period of owning a NAPA store I sold Martin-Senour auto
paints, That's Sherwinn-Williams line.  I learned that not all
basecoat/clearcoat systems are alike in terms of the UV-blockers.  In some
lines, it's in the basecoat, in others it's in the clearcoat.
Something I also learned, IMHO, anyone who does his/her own spraying of
automotive finishes without a forced fresh air respirator system is inviting
health problems, especially with the modern multi-part systems.  I'll probably
get flamed for this from the DIY'ers, but I've been shuddering everytime I read
about somebody's spraygun.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB