Re: Paint going bad

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Paint going bad
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 15:44:12 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>

>Something I also learned, IMHO, anyone who does his/her own spraying of
>automotive finishes without a forced fresh air respirator system is
inviting
>health problems, especially with the modern multi-part systems.

Maybe we should just conform to what the new car manufacturers are doing.
And as near as I can tell, it is applying Tempra paint with a broad brush. I
am truly amazed how crappy the paint quality is on new cars. Orange peel,
ripples, contamination, rough spots. Amazing. That automakers can push such
schlock on the public explains why Maaco is a thriving business.

There are a few fortunate manufacturers, mostly Ford I think, that are right
up there on the border and can still use real solvents when painting. They
meet all them EPA mandates thanks to the prevailing breezes into Trevor's
neighborhood.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City
(I think our Grand Prix / Fairfax plant has dumpsters full of empty rattle