Suspected '69 Midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Suspected '69 Midget
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 23:05:58 EDT
All:

Had the opportunity to look over a '69 Midget today; the owner removed
the engine to replace the clutch, and it became a stalled project.  The
engine allegedly ran well when it was sidelined; the parts to put it all
back together seem to be there; interior is fair; top, tonneau, and boot
coover are fair; body is fair to average, no rust through; lousy re-paint
job; brake MC empty and/or fouled; wire wheels w/two spares; bumpers are
straight w/good overriders; aftermarket mid-70's wood steering wheel;
electricals allegedly worked; no rust in floor pans; windows are clear
and chip free, side ones wind up and down, etc, etc, etc.  Allegedly has
approximately 50K miles on body.

The body number is GAN4U74848G.  Is this a '69?  What should I be looking
for as trouble areas?  How do I tell if it is a postive or negative
ground vehicle (no battery in car, and owner doesn't recall --
potentially dangerous, methinks).  Suggestions on prices would also be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich