Re: questions

To: bphotoman@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: questions
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 08:08:05 EDT
On Sun, 06 Sep 1998 16:13:29 PDT "Ben Carufel" <bphotoman@hotmail.com>
writes:

>What is the switch on the left side of the steering column...its
>pretty far down towards the dash and its a regular slide switch...

It turns off the dash lights

...is there a standard ashtray in the 70 BGT?....there is one forward of
the stick,
>but it looks aftermarket because the screws holding it in are in
>crooked...

black base with a chromed, fluted top that flips up -

.what was the original radio in the 70 BGT? or was there
>one??..

I think radios were installed mostly by dealers, smebody posted about
this recently but i cant put my hand on it at the moment

.was there any asbestos used in the making of the B??...

two pads on the carb heat shield, and the original brake pads would have
been asbestos, other than that ive never found any

>finally was there a passenger side mirror about halfway up the side of
>the car??

about half way up  the wing - which is i presume what you meant

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster