Re: Rear suspension suspected

To: ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu
Subject: Re: Rear suspension suspected
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 19:32:20 EDT
On Tue, 08 Sep 1998 17:03:03 -0400 "Gary A. Graham"
<ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> writes:

>Keith Wheeler wrote:
>
>> One "competition" type item I suggest all MGB people do is replace
>the
>> rubber rear axle
>> locating pads with nylatron. The stock rubber pads don't last long,
>and end
>> up giving you a twitchy 'B when you get on and off the throttle.
>
>Keith--
>
>My B has a tendency to move to the right with throttle & left when off
>the
>throttle. Is this caused by the rubber pads in the rear springs? (I
>just
>replaced the left spring .. .)
>
>Gary
>74 B

Sounds more like a broken spring hanger or bracket - Check underneath, it
will be fairly obvious, Check NOW..... having had just this problem last
year on a trip to Maine in the 69, the trip home managed to cost me not
just the springs but UJs and a rear end rebiuld!!
mike robson
69 roadster (with new everything)
70 BGT
53 Riley