Re: MGB engine on the rise (was Re: MGB dead engine report.)

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: MGB engine on the rise (was Re: MGB dead engine report.)
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:53:25 -0700 (PDT) (11:53 am 18:53 UT)
>  I am sort of trying to weigh it out. There is only one spot on
 all four cylinders that I can feel a ridge. I had no problem getting
 any the pistons out. I have also heard from more than one source
 that a ridge reamer might not be a good idea for an engine in situ,
<because getting the swarf out might be hard.

   "In situ"?  How in the heck can you rebuild an MG engine "in situ"?
You can't get the pan off the engine when it's in the bay!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*